The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has dismissed allegations by one of former Kaduna State governor Nasir El-Rufai’s wives that she was denied access to deliver food to her husband while he remains in custody.
Addressing journalists at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja, ICPC spokesman John Odey described claims made in a viral video interview by El-Rufai’s wife as “false and misleading.” According to the commission, its access control policy allows visitors into the premises between 9am and 6:30pm and applies to all individuals without exception.
Odey explained that the woman involved in the complaint allegedly arrived at about 7pm, outside the approved visitation period, despite having complied with the regulations earlier in the day.
“The ICPC wishes to state categorically that these claims are false and misleading,” he said.
The spokesman added that El-Rufai’s family members were granted access several times on the same day to deliver meals to him.
“On the Friday in question, one of the defendant’s wives and a housemaid were permitted to bring food to the defendant on no fewer than three occasions, between 10:30am and 5:30pm,” Odey stated.
While displaying portions of the visitors’ register, he said: “Six entries belonging to family members who came here to deliver food — breakfast, lunch and dinner — to the defendant in our custody.”
“What does this tell you? It tells you clearly that he is not being denied food,” he added.
The ICPC also rejected allegations that El-Rufai was denied access to medical personnel, explaining that the commission only requested proper identification and formal authorisation before granting access to a visitor claiming to be part of his medical team.

